Tuesday 30 July 2019

Tips for drawing



Hi there,

As in my previous lesson I have mentioned about the materials needed for sketching/drawing, now before we get to drawing / sketching our own compositions, its better if we understand few terms and steps, which will make our work little easy and organised.
When we are a beginner we struggle at times or get little confused in our heads how to start, so just sharing out here tips from a learner's perspective.
Though there is no right or wrong way to draw. everyone has their own way of doing it , which is perfectly fine. Drawing is a discipline that needs a lot of practice. It's a representation at times of how we see the world around us, how we observe the things around us and how we present them on a paper.

Before starting we need to know what we are going to draw, so comes the subject of our drawing. We can basically draw anything around us .Once we have chosen a subject , how we arrange that or compose our drawing is very important. If we are choosing our subject from our outside environment we can click a picture from different angles, and then can crop them and use them as a reference for our drawings. And if a reference is picked up from other people's work or magazines,or any other media we can save the images and practice from them .

If we are choosing our subject from our environment, then which angle to pick is very important.
When I talk about angle , what I mean is the angle from where we look at our subject. Most commonly used is the eye view level , the other two being Bird's eye-view and Worm's eye-view. We'll be discussing about perspectives , horizon line in upcoming chapters.

Eye level being looking at objects from front .

Bird's eye -view means looking at objects from top.

And Worm's eye -view , looking at objects from the ground.

1 comment:

  1. The information which I share in my blogs comes from my teachers, the books I read and online tutorials I go through. The aim is to share with people out there starting or beginning to learn different art mediums, so sharing with everyone my steps of learning and understanding art as a stream.

    ReplyDelete

Tips for drawing

Hi there, As in my previous lesson I have mentioned about the materials needed for sketching/drawing, now before we get to drawing / sketch...